What is a chemical dosing system?
A chemical dosing system is the removal of chemicals like phosphate from the effluent of wastewater treatment, sewage and related works. This process of immunising reagent in the sewage or wastewater network for controlling odour, removing debris, increasing pumping efficiency, automatically, is known as chemical dosing.
At PDFL, our proven and latest technology of utilising chemical storage tanks and dosing pumps while following stringent National and International standards for handling corrosive, inflammable, hazardous, chemicals helps us ensure complete safety and security while eliminating over-dosing.
Application of Chemical Dosing Systems
Some of the ideal applications of chemical dosing systems are
- Water Pollution Control
- Water Purification
- Water Treatment
- Wastewater Management
- Acid Water Neutralization
- Hydroponic Nutrient Treatment
- Liquid Fertilizer Treatment
The systems though expensive can be installed anywhere especially for water treatment or for other applications as mentioned above.
Types of Dosing Systems and How they work?
Broadly, these are the most common types of chemical dosing systems used in the industry and have the following configurations:
- Ferrous dosing units – These chemical reactions in sewers produce Hydrogen Sulphide (H₂S) and use chloride to bind it with wastewater and form an insoluble substance, thus eliminating odours and emissions of the gas by up to 95%. The system is known to help avoid corrosion of the facilities through the gas while ensuring all compliances.
- Magnesium Dosing Units – These chemical reactions are ideal with pH levels between 6.8 to 7.2. pH levels higher or lower than these levels are not ideal. Magnesium dosing units work at elevating the pH level to higher than the required levels which ultimately leads to a reduction in odour. They lower the emission of H₂S gas by up to 80% while ensuring compliance and regulations are being followed.
- Calcium Nitrate Dosing Units – Adding calcium nitrate to wastewater offers to reduce the H₂S gas emissions by up to 90% with less corrosion of facilities while reducing odours significantly. All industrial compliances and regulations are strictly followed and monitored.
Different chemical reagents work in different settings of wastewater treatment with a common goal of eliminating the chemical formation of odour emissions. Different chemical dosing systems work differently for all organisations. Our highly trained chemical dosing experts can help analyse the right dosing system for you and get them implemented.
Typically, the scope of work in chemical dosing systems include design, engineering, installation, and supply of chemical dosing using several chemicals, bulk storage capacity, corrosion inhibitor, instruments and analyzers, chemical supply, unloading pumps, bulk storage tanks, and operation, maintenance, and commissioning of your chemical dosing units.
If standards are not followed properly, it would invite litigation or penalties by the regulatory authorities. Also, any organization in any industry should focus on getting its chemical dosing systems tested and monitored periodically to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
In summary, a robust and reliable chemical dosing system for sewage and wastewater treatment or water purification optimizes the performance of the chemicals used as well as the dosing pumps’ performance while preventing corrosion and reducing emissions with less sludge production.
Why PDFL for your chemical dosing systems?
PDFL is the world and the UK’s leader in all chemical dosing systems and uses the latest technologies to deliver solutions. We are the chemical dosing systems specialist offering an extensive range of products using chemical dosing equipment, pumps, tanks, and accessories sourced from leading suppliers in the world. Our experts can not only help you diagnose the problem accurately but will also help you in the entire process of installation a chemical dosing system within your unit. Our testing and maintenance team is always at standby to cater to your specific needs.
PDFL is offering financial flexibility for the distress caused by the pandemic in these times. Contact us now.